Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Savannah's Garden

As many of you know my 7 year old daughter Savannah is dying of cancer. She has battled it for the last 3 years and the time is drawing closer for her to go to heaven. We arrived home from the hospital this evening to this wonderful garden.


When we left our yard was literally a hayfield. From what I heard this was all done today. Our wonderful neighbor and friends started out looking for a way to brighten Savannah's day. This garden is complete with a throne for the royal princess, a pond with a frog sprinkler, tiki torches, and many beautiful pink flowers (most of which were donated by local businesses).



I was told that there would be a surprise when we arrived home, but this was so much more than I expected. Savannah was all smiles even though she was very tired.


After everyone left, I put Savannah in my room and went outside to take more pictures. I don't often get time to play taking pictures, mostly it's just work. I was grateful for the subject and the opportunity to play with different camera settings. It was about 9:30 pm when these were taken. I love the light that the tiki torches gives off.

1 comment:

Marie said...

These pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!

I'm so glad you were surprised, it is awesome to have such a wonderful neighborhood!